03 September 2007

a crocodile for my mother

My mother really wanted my pictures from the crocodile pond so, ta-da here they are!

For those of you who weren't there, the crocodile pond is a pond in Northern Ghana where there are, gasp, many crocodiles! What is hilarious about the pond is that the crocodiles are tame. You buy some chickens, feed the crocodiles and then they let you pick up their tail or....if you get the really big crocodile to come out....lay on its back.

What is surprising about crocodiles is how fast they move to eat chickens (well guinea fowl really) and then how they freeze and look pretty dead. It is shocking really.


My mom with the crocodile:


Me with the crocodile:


Dad with the crocodile:


James with the crocodile:


Emmanuel with the crocodile:


Riveting no? Oooo the danger...............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for getting great shots of such riveting danger!

Anonymous said...

I was on the edge of my seat!