10 August 2007

the seasons are becoming schizophrenic

We walked outside this evening to go to dinner and discovered it was significantly cooler outside than it was in our air conditioned apartment. After going back to turn off the a/c and grab a sweater we remarked on how it was hard to believe it was August because it was 60 degrees outside.

I began to think about fall. I began to think about how much I love fall. I began to think about how much I love fall clothes. I started getting very excited.

As we rounded the corner I looked on the ground and saw this,



I looked over to the curb and saw this:


I thought to myself, "ah, I do love the fall with the leaves turning colors and crunching under my feet."

Then I remembered the part about it actually being early August. What the hell? How come the leaves are changing already? My next thought was that maybe they were leftover from last year at fall (ummmm, how this happens when the streets are cleaned twice a week I don't know but it is more logical than leaves changing in AUGUST). So I looked up at the trees and saw this




Hmmmmmmm........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The poor trees are just drying right out and crapping their dead leaves all over the place. I don't think we will have pretty fall leaves this year and it makes me sad.